In case you have never heard of the Holiday Train, or aren't sure what it is....it's a normal train from the Canadian Pacific railway that is decorated in holiday lights and features a variety of entertainment in a coverted boxcar at its stops along the route. It's a free and fun activity for the entire family.
The Holiday train collects food and money for the local food banks along it's route. Last year the Holiday Train collected $500,000 and 250,000 pounds of food!
Here are the stops that are closest to Hutchinson:
Wednesday, December 9, 7:45 pm - 8:15 pm
New Ulm, 224 Third Street North, Public Utilities empty lot between German Park and the railroad tracks
Monday, December 14
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm - Buffalo, 612 NE Third Avenue behind McDonald's on Highway 55
7:30 - 8:00 pm - Annandale, West side of downtown park over Oak Avenue railroad crossing
9:15 - 9:45 pm - Eden Valley, Main Street railroad crossing, State Highway 22
Odds & Ends:
- All times are approximate
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early
- You can see the entire schedule for the train, and the line up of entertainers HERE on the Canadian Pacific railway's website
- You can become a fan of the Holiday Train on Facebook HERE
- There is a video of the train HERE on the official Holiday Train blog