Today we went to the Minnesota State Fair - and we had a great time, despite the thick crowds of people and the COLD weather. It didn't even hit 70 degrees today!
However, being in the Cities also allowed me to stop at a Super Target. And a Super Target means variety! Exactly what our teeny tiny Target does not have!
My little haul-o-goods is above:
- Kellogg's Cinnabon bars: 2/$4 - 2/$1 Target coupon - 2/$.50 coupon = $0.50/box
- Lucky Charms: $1 - $1 Target coupon = FREE
- Kellogg's Pop Tarts: $1.52/box - $1 coupon - $0.75 Target coupon = FREE
- Skittles Crazy Cores: $0.52/each - $1 Target coupon = $0.02/each
- Covergirl Eyeliner: $2.89 - $1 Target coupon - $1 coupon = $0.89
When the cashier rang up my items, she had a bit of trouble getting things to scan, and my total OOP was around $4. This was still really great, but it was much higher than I expected.
As I re-ran the numbers in my head, I realized something was askew. So, I went over the receipt, and sure enough. For the coupons that would not scan, she actually charged me for the face value. So, back inside I went and they quickly saw the error and refunded my money.
While I'm still very pleased with this run, the screw up kinda "stole my thunder" on my first "cheap sweep".
All well! With this couponing becoming a habit, I have many more cheap sweeps in front of me!
- More snacks! :)
- The Skittles might be a give away to some kids at church...we'll see if I can think of something extra special and fun with them.
- $26.12 left