Monday, November 23, 2009

My adventures in cooking

I just wanted to share a couple successes I had last week in the kitchen.  Since I'm cooking much more often than I ever have in my life, it's been kinda fun-and scary-to see what I might come up with.

I made a roast in the crockpot.  I threw in some onions, a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, some Worcestershire sauce, a clove of garlic, some beef bullion, beef gravy, water and some salt and pepper.  It all sounded good, but would it be?

The result...

Yum!  It was a juicy roast with a nice sauce to go over it!

Knowing we probably wouldn't get to the leftover roast, I took it and made soup.

Again, just kinda threw a bunch of stuff into the crock...the meat, onions, a can of peas, a can of corn, can of carrots, beef bullion, water, and rice...let it cook for 6 hours or so.  We had it for lunch the next day and the it got a big two thumbs up from Henry and hubby.  Henry ate so much I thought he might split down the sides!  I couldn't believe he was eating all those veggies and asking for more.  YAY!

I don't usually serve canned veggies, but they were a total steal at Target and it worked slick in this soup....plus it was easy.  I quickly put this all together in just a few minutes because I had everything pre-sliced or canned.  I made it just before we ran out the door for dinner at my Mother-In-Law's.

I think I am going to offer more canned veggies to Henry to see if that is what he will prefer...some veggies are better than none, right?

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that Henry loved it and got some veggies! Aaron seems to hate beef, but he does love broccoli. I think he is going to turn green soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Henry liked broccoli! The only veggie he really likes is peas. And corn, but corn technically isn't a veggie. I'm starting to sneak stuff into his normal food to get the veggies down!

    ReplyDelete