Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Target Deals



I ran over to Target this morning and found some great bargains!

Here is my take-away:
 

1 Airwick Scented Oil fragrance kit
1 spray bottle of Mr. Clean
1 refill bottle of Mr. Clean
2 2-pks of Mr. Clean Erasers
3 2-pks of Fiber One bars
1 bag of frozen edamame
1 bag of frozen blueberreis
1 bag of frozen raspberries
4 dozen eggs
1 tube of Crest with Scope toothpaste (free travel sized Scope included)

My OOP was $14.10 (pre-tax)
Around $8 was just for the 3 frozen bagged items!

Today's trip really made me realize even more that printing, and holding onto, any coupon you think you might use is worth it!  I normally would not buy the Airwick stuff, but for $0.99 it's nice to have that lovely fragrance in my home.  Same with the Crest toothpaste - we normally don't purchase this brand, but for $0.74 it is a GREAT deal.  I plan to give this away for a ministry that is asking for toiletries and things right now.  Just about anyone can afford to give for $0.74!

Here were my favorite deals:
$4.99 Airwick Scented Oil iMotion Starters
$4.00 this was a newspaper insert, but I don't have notes as to which one!
Final price, $0.99

$0.48 2 pack Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars
$0.40 9/13 SS
$0.40 10/4 SS
$0.40 printable that is no longer available
Final price, $0.08!
These are found on an end-cap along the coolers.  Even if you don't have the coupons, if you purchase 3 boxes, that is 6 bars for $1.44, which is a least a dollar less than a 5 bar box in the main aisle!

Mr. Clean stuff - this is complicated:
Buy:
2 boxes of Mr. Clean Erasers (I just chose the cheapest ones)
1 spray bottle of Mr. Clean with Febreeze
1 refill bottle of Mr. Clean with Febreeze
Used:
For Erasers:
BOGO Mr. Clean Erasers from 9/27 PG
Used $0.75 Target coupon from coupons around neck of spray bottle Mr. Clean
(I happened to have 2 of these from a previous purchase)
Use $0.75 from Home Made Simple
Spray:
Buy spray get refill free from 9/27 PG
$0.75 from Home Made Simple
Total was $3.33 for all 4 items, about $0.83 per item.


$1.74 Crest Toothpaste
$1.00 again, from a newspaper insert, but I don't have notes as to which one!
Final price, $0.74
This was also on a Clearance end cap, near the toilet paper.

$1.09 dozen eggs
I had a raincheck from a few weeks ago when eggs were on sale
Used BOGO coupon
Final price, $2.18 for 4 dozen eggs or about $0.55 each.

Pocket Your Dollars has an excellent Target write up that I based my shopping list off of.  I found that a few things varied in price; and the tiny Hutch Target doesn't carry all the items either.


2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried price matching at the Target here in town? Just wondering how your experience has been if you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever tried - maybe if I can get myself organized enough, I will give it a whirl next week! Just to see what they will say/do....

    I know Wal*Mart doesn't have a problem with it, I don't shop there too often, but was in there the other day and saw MANY items that were cheaper at Target. Problem is, they weren't sale items-they were just normal everyday items and I think they will only match to the printed sale ad.

    ReplyDelete