Monday, November 16, 2009

Easy Tartar Sauce Recipe

The other night when I realized my pork chops had freezer burn due to a punctured package, my motivation to cook drained from me.  I dug through the freezer for something, and ended up with fish sticks and french fries.

I only like fish sticks when they are bathing in tartar sauce; however, we didn't have any.  Instead of dropping a couple bucks at the store, I made my own!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of mayo (I used Kraft Miracle Whip)
  • 1 dill pickle (I used a few baby dills)
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • a bit of onion...maybe like 1/4 cup
  • a couple drops of Tabasco for taste
Ya, I didn't measure much...sorry about that!  I did read a couple recipes that mentioned lemon juice, salt/pepper, and sweet pickle relish.  I just kinda adapted it to what I had on hand.

Directions
Cut up the pickle, and mix everything into the mayo.  Done!  I mixed it (and served it, he he) from a Pyrex measuring cup.  Worked slick.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment