Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cash Wise Deal

Cash Wise advertised General Mills Premium Granola Bars on sale this week for $1.98.  Problem is, what exactly are "premium granola bars"?  Turns out they are Fiber One bars!

I did NOT see the new 90 calorie type included in the sale yesterday.

Here are some matchups for those bars:
01-03 GM    General Mills Fiber One Chewy Bars any    $0.40/1    
01-31 SS    General Mills Fiber One Chewy Bars Bars any    $0.50/2
$0.40 Printable Coupon HERE
$0.40 Printable Coupon HERE
Final Price as low as $1.58 a box

Plus these are on the "Buy 4 items, get free milk" deal!!

And a small personal story....I was in Target yesterday getting medication for Henry - turns out he has pneumonia as well as RSV.  Our insurance card wasn't working-we had the wrong one...long story.  So after shopping all over Target with about $30 worth of stuff in my cart, including paper towels and Fiber One bars, I have to pay for the meds out of pocket and get re-imbursed later.  Sigh.  I only have about $45 with me and the prescription was $30!  So, back to the shelves I go, putting everything except diapers and a Matchbox car away.  I was NOT happy by the end of that 1.5 hour adventure....


I check the mail on the way home.  We have a $16.00 rebate check from Menards.  So, now I can buy paper towels and then some.

Later that night I run to Cash Wise to get some milk (and other deals).  I see the cheaper-than-Target-Fiber One bars as soon as I walk in the door on a big display.

Funny when things work out that way, doesn't it?  God knows better than I do...obviously!  I need to learn to keep my cool and roll with it. 

1 comment: