Friday, August 28, 2009

Cash Wise Run

 
 Tonight I quickly...er..uh...ya....  made a run to Cash Wise while Joe and Henry chilled in the car and watched Cars.  Well, it took a bit longer than I anticipated (like 20 minutes longer!), but I snagged some great deals.
  • Kellogg's Special K - Blueberry, 2/$4.88 + 2/$1 coupons = $1.44 per box
  • Smuckers Grape Jelly - special store coupon, $0.98
  • Old Orchard Apple Juice - special store coupon, $0.98
  • Gold N Plump Chicken Breast Tenders or Strips, Managers Special - $2.98 each + 1/$1 coupon = I only had one coupon, so 1 was $1.98.
  • Hormel Little Sizzlers (the spicy hot ones that we lurrrrrrv...I only bought 1 package because they are so unhealthy!) - $1.00
  • Eggo Waffles - 2/$3.34 + $1.00/2 coupon = $1.17 a box
  • Westpac Frozen Veggies - $0.88
  • Lynden Farms French Fries - $0.88
  • Tropicana - $2.50 + $1/1 coupon = $1.50
  • Yoplait yogurt cups - 4/FREE (with $25 purchase) + $0.50/6 = $0.12 each
  • David's Bagels - $0.98
  • Kotex 64ct Pantyliners - $2.50 + $1/1 coupon = $1.50
Stuff without a coupon:
  • Food Club Frozen Strawberries (only slightly cheaper than fresh, but just easier to deal with, and I eat them every day with my yogurt) - $2.50
  • Village Hearth Wheat Buns - $2.00
  • Quart of Skim milk - $1.69
  • Gallon of Whole milk - $3.36
  • Organic peach yogurt (it's for Henry, I'm picky with his yogurt) - $0.90
We spent a total of $46.95.  Saved $10.42 off the bill, or 18%.  Not too shabby being that the most expensive item on the list was a gallon of milk!!

I am thrilled with this haul.  UNDER $50 and that includes 4 packs of chicken!!  Many, many meals!

So, out of my $75 allowable grocery budget, I have $28.05 left.

Stash:
  • 6 packs of chicken (2 were from previous runs)
  • 7 bags of bagels
  • 10+ bags of veggies (6 were from this run)
  • 2 boxes of unopened cereal
  • 2 jars of jelly (1 was from a previous run)
  • Waffles are coming out of our ears because they have been on sale every week, plus I've had coupons.
  • 3 packs of Kotex (2 were from a previous Target run where I got them for free!)
The freezer is FULL.  I so wish we had a deep freeze!  I wanted to run over to Econo tomorrow to take advantage of the $2 Lean Cuisines, but I truly don't see how many will fit....perhaps I can do some more rearranging...

No comments:

Post a Comment