Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Target Run

Last night we spent an hour at Target and ended up spending $77.33. More than I would have liked; however, we also saved 23.87. My orginial total would have been over $100, so I saved about 23% off our bill. A pretty good deal for this newbie couponer.

Plus, ALL the items are things we either needed and/or will need and use.

Here is the haul:
  • Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash. Should have waited until it was on sale since we weren't out, but I still snagged a deal with stacking coupons.
  • Dawn dish detergent, price mark down and a coupon. We are about out at home-so had to get this. 
  • Reese's 8 pack of single cups. On sale + coupon. Drool. Okay, we didn't NEED these, but Joe reallyyyy likes them. As does Henry. And me! 
  • Skittles Crazy Cores. Again, didn't need-but with my coupon they were FREE. And to see my little boy's face light up with excitement at the site of sugar is worth millions. :) 
  • 2 boxes of Fiber One bars. On sale + coupon. We eat these. A lot. 
  • 2 cans of Campbell's Healthy Request soup. On sale + coupon. Good lunch for Henry! 
  • 3 cans of Chef Boy Ardee Ravoli. On clearance + coupon. 
  • 2 big bags of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. On "clearance" (only like $1.50 off). We meant to only buy 1 bag, but Joe grabbed one and I didn't realize until we were home. It's okay though-it WILL get used in this house! Wish I woulda had a coupon though. 
  • 3 Lean Cuisine meals. On Sale for $2 each. I eat these every day at work. $2 is a good sale. I just wish I had a coupon too! 
  • International Delight. On clearance for $1.15 + a $1 off coupon. WOOT! 
  • 2 Old Spice Deodorant. Joe is brand specific with things. This is one of them. And it's a valid one. You want your deodorant to work! Not on sale, but I had a coupon at least. 
  • 1 Two pack-end cap special Secret deodrant. $4 for two, plus a coupon. 
  • 4 tubes of Colgate Total. On clearance, 2 tubes for $5.10 and I had a $1 off coupon. So 4 tubes for $8.60, or $2.15 a tube. Another brand Joe likes. This one I'm a bit "whatever" on-but he likes it...so I could have gotten a better deal, but I brought a wonderful smile to my hubbys face when he saw the haul. And we don't have CVS or Walgreens, so free toothpaste is almost unheard of. 
  • 2 tubes of Colagate Max Fresh. On clearance for $2.92 each, plus I had 2 $1 off coupons. This is for me. Obviously. ;) 
  • 1 Bounty Basic roll + 1 Charmin travel size. $1.50 off Target coupon + Bounty coupon = one stinkin' good deal. 
  • $5 Gift card promotion. These items were slighthly marked down, plus if you buy 5 you get a $5 gift card: 
    • 1 box of Quaker oatmeal. Joe eats this several days a week. 
    • 1 box of Quaker Oatmeal bars. We eat these often. 
    • 1 big bag of Cheddar Quaker Quakes. These taste like Cheetos but are rice cakes! Me LOVE. 
    • 2 boxes of True Delights bars, I had 2 $1 off coupons for these. I had planned on 5 boxes of these paired with coupons to make it a better deal, BUT, our store only had 2 flavors and one did not appeal to us, AND, we reallyyyyy use the other items on a very regular basis. 
I might try to hit up this deal again if I can find coupons on the oatmeal, bars, or chips!

So for every single item it was either on sale, on clearance and/or I had a coupon.

Stash:
  • 6 tubes of toothpaste. 
  • 4 sticks of my deodorant (2 from last week's 34 cent Dove deal
  • We have a BOATLOAD of snacks. I am going to try and stretch these until October. (Unless I can get something for free or nearly free...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment